Everett Hall opened for women’s housing at 1801 Maple Avenue in 1925. Building was leased. Referred to as the “Watts’ Property.” Remained at that location until ca. 1931. In 1932 Everett Hall re-located in house at 1650 5th Avenue, Huntington, W.Va. Used at various times for women’s housing, student athlete housing, and home economics department. A nursery school occupied the first floor in the 1960’s.
Named For: Named for Naomi Northcott Everett (ca. 1846-1925), Marshall instructor (1897-1919) and dean of women (1907-1917).
Demolition/Razed Date: 1966 or 1967 to make room for Memorial Student Center
Marshall University Buildings, Marshall College Buildings, Everett Hall, Marshall College Everett Hall, Naomi Northcott Everett