Also called the barracks building. It was located along Third Avenue, Huntington, W.Va., between Morrow Library and Hal Greer Blvd. The former Navy wooden barracks, once located in Norfolk, Va., was reconstructed on the campus in 1947 to provide more classroom space at the time for returning veterans. Housed some language and mathematics classes in the 1960’s. When it was demolished, the Engineering Dept. moved between two other temporary buildings until the 1970’s.
Construction/Completion Date: 1947 (reconstruction date)
Demolition/Razed Date: 1966 Demolished to make room for Smith Hall.
Marshall University Buildings, Marshall College Buildings, Old Main Annex, Marshall University Barracks Building, Marshall College Engineering Building