Marshall Digital Scholar Style Guide
Style: The content, organization, and style of manuscripts must conform to standards of the current style manual of your respective disciplines.
Manuscript format: Articles submitted to Marshall Digital Scholar (MDS) must conform to the following guidelines to be considered for publication:
- Abstract: The abstract should be factual in nature and include both the purpose and the major conclusions of the article. Do not include references in the abstract.
- Style: The content, organization, and style of manuscripts must conform to standards of the current style manual of your respective disciplines. Please note that long quotes (over 200 words) require written permission from the original copyright holder before it can be republished. The author is responsible to secure the permission.
- Tables, Figures, etc. Graphics and tables should be embedded in the manuscript. Lower quality graphics may be acceptable for review purposes; however, you must submit high quality graphics for publication purposes. In tables, do not use font size smaller than 10-point. It is advised that additional graphics be submitted as individual documents in full size 8.5" x 11" for individual download.
- Keywords: Please provide keywords that relate to your article. The MDS administrators will try to assign keywords as well. But, remember they are not experts in your field.
- File format: If Manuscripts are submitted in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please ensure that the "track changes" feature is not on. The preferred format is Portable Document Format .pdf
Submissions that do not follow these procedures will not be considered for publication.
Submission procedures: Authors are requested to submit their manuscripts electronically via Marshall Digital Scholar (MDS). Authors will need to create a MDS account prior to submission and, then, use the site to guide them through a step by step submission process.
Click here to "Submit Research"
Review process: Review of manuscripts is conducted impartially by MDS administrators. Accepted manuscripts may require revisions prior to publication. Only completed manuscripts will be reviewed.