The mission of the Appalachian Studies Association is to promote and engage dialogue, research, scholarship, education, creative expression, and action among a diverse and inclusive group of scholars, educators, practitioners, grassroots activists, students, individuals, groups and institutions. Our mission is driven by our commitment to foster quality of life, democratic participation and appreciation of Appalachian experiences regionally, nationally and internationally.
Browse the contents of ASA Annual Conference:
- 2023 - AppalachiaFest: From Surviving to Thriving
- 2022 - Making, Creating, and Encoding: Crafting Possibilities in Appalachia
- 2020 - Appalachia Understories: Growing Hope & Resilience from Commonwealth to Global Commons
- 2019 - AppalachA'ville: Engage. Sustain. Innovate.
- 2018 - Re-stitching the Seams: Appalachia Beyond its Borders
- 2017- Extreme Appalachia!
- 2016 - Voices from the Misty Mountains: Diversity and Unity, a New Appalachia
- 2015 - Many Mountains, Many Musics
- 2014 - New Appalachia: Known realities and imagined possibilities