Download Full Text (28.0 MB)
0236: Fred B. Lambert Papers, 1809-2150
Marshall University Archives and Special Collections
Acc. 236, Series 76B, Box 13, Folder 19, Item 01:"Old Toll House" (Merritt house), James & Kanawha Rv Turnpike, Barboursville, 20.7x25.5cm The old Toll House at Barboursville, as it stood on the original site, at the forks of the road, one (the Kanawha Road), the other leading down to Route 60, at the mouth of Mud River. This was built before the Kanawha Road was finished, on land originally owned by Captain William Merritt, later by one of his sons. Merrit did not operate toll house. This is Merritt house. C. Eldridge 18 Oct 1984 (Toll House has been reclaimed)
Subject Terms: Barboursville, W. Va. Old Toll House Houses
"Old Toll house (Merritt house), Barboursville"Old Toll House" (Merritt house), James & Kanawha Rv Turnpike, Barboursville" (2021). 0236: Fred B. Lambert Papers, 1809-1964.