Located on fifth Avenue, Huntington Campus, between Holderby hall and Campus Christian Center. A one-room schoolhouse where all elementary students were taught in a single room. Simple wood-frame construction typical of rural 19th century schools. Currently houses the Ovie and Jesse Cline Museum.
Named For: To honor West Virginia’s rural education heritage.
Construction/Completion Date: Constructed in rural Cabell County ca. 1888, transported and dedicated on Marshall campus 1995. Donated by Mrs. Tina F. Bryan of Glenwood, WV, in memory of his husband Mr. James E. Bryan, and originally stood at Punkin as a Center School.
Marshall University Buildings, One Room School, Ovie and Jesse Cline Museum, Marshall University One Room, School Punkin, W.Va., Tina F. Bryan, James E. Bryan