Photo above 1966 view (under construction)
Photo below 1971 view
Located on Third Avenue at the northwest corner of the Huntington, W.Va., campus. The complex consists of the seven story Smith Hall, The Communications Building (1970), which houses WMUL-FM radio, the Birke Art Gallery (1977) and the Evelyn Hollberg Smith Music Hall(1967) (named for wife of President Stewart H. Smith.) Second story bridge to Old Main’s north side walkway and additional elevators completed in 1989.
Named For: Stewart H. Smith, President of Marshall from 1946 to 1968.
Construction/Completion Date: 1967
Marshall University Buildings, Smith Hall, Stewart H. Smith Hall, Smith Hall Complex, Communications Building, Birke Art Gallery, Smith Music Hall, Marshall University Smith Hall, Stewart H. Smith, Evelyn Hollberg Smith