Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for Sermon Studies
This document provides details on typesetting and layout requirements pertaining to final manuscript submission to Sermon Studies.
LanguageWrite the article in English, using U.S. spelling and punctuation.
LengthMost articles in Sermon Studies will range between 8,000 and 10,000 words, including notes. Online publication does allow more flexibility than print, so longer and shorter pieces may be submitted in consultation with the editors.
Page LayoutPlease use the following settings for your manuscript:
- Margins: 1 inch all around, including tables and figures
- Font size: 12-point Times New Roman for the main text, 10-point Times New Roman for notes
- Font color: black (but the use of color is encouraged for figures, maps, and other graphic elements)
- Spacing: single-spaced
- Justification: left and right margins justified
Article TextPlease follow these guidelines for the body of your manuscript:
- Section headings: Use bold type, in Times New Roman 12-point font. Use extra white space above and below headings.
- Indentation: indent all paragraphs except those following a section heading
- Foreign terms: set in italics
- Emphasis: set in italics rather than underlining or a different color font
- Tables and figures: place as closely as possible to where they are referenced in the text
- Notes: place at the bottom of the page rather than at the end
House StyleFor all other matters, please follow the current edition of the Chicago Manual of Style.
SubmissionSubmit the manuscript, including tables, figures, appendices, etc., as a single file (Word, RTF, or PDF files are accepted).
Please also submit an abstract as a separate document.